Cup Overflowing Dream
Cindy Austermann, United States
This is a beautiful dream my sister, Cindy, had. It highlights what takes place when we are “spilling over” with the presence of God. Some dreams are meant to keep close to our hearts. This was not one of them.
CUP OVERFLOWING DREAM:
I (Cindy) was dressed up and walked into the kitchen where my friend was waiting. She offered me a cup of coffee before we left. My friend handed me a white coffee cup on a white saucer. I took a sip and as we started walking out the door the coffee spilled.
I apologize for spilling my coffee and my friend said, “I will get a towel.” We wiped up the spill and headed for the door again. The coffee spilled a second time. I looked down and with surprise, I said to my friend, "The cup is overflowing!"
We entered the garage and the cup continued to overflow with coffee. My friend quickly grabbed the cup and poured it over her head. She apologized for taking my cup and I said, "don't apologize. Look, it's refilling!"
The coffee continued to spill over the mug. My friend grabbed the cup again and this time poured it over my head. We kept repeating, "our cups are overflowing!" We began dancing in the garage and worshipping God. Once again my friend said, "I’m sorry.” You were all dressed up and I messed up your hair.” “Who cares,” was my reaction. As we were standing there another dear friend entered the garage. I couldn’t see her face, but I knew who it was. She dipped her finger in the cup and rubbed it on her face.
End of dream
Cindy woke up exhilarated and excited to share this dream with her friend. Her friends first response upon hearing the dream was: “Wow, God really knows how to send the right word into your life, Cindy. I have been pouring and pouring (in ministry) and thinking that my cup was never going to be refilled. I needed a word - love you and thank you for your obedience.”
Had Cindy kept this dream to herself, her friend would not have received a Word of encouragement when she needed it most. God was thinking about her in a special way and through another.
Cindy didn’t know what her friend needed, but God did. They praised the Lord not only in the dream, but in the morning when they shared what God had done. Psalm 34:3
Cindy’s main takeaway for her was that her vats will never be empty and there will be an increase of God’s spirit overflowing in and through her. Proverbs 3:10 “I prefer coffee, not wine," she noted.
Cindy and I talked about other gems hidden within this beautiful dream. When it’s a God-dream, it’s amazing how many words of encouragement can be discovered in one simple dream.
- The white cup confirms a spiritual message – white represents purity, holiness, heavenly. Isaiah 1:18; Daniel 7:9; Revelation 6:14.
- I love that this wasn't just any cup, but a delicate, fragile cup. We are human, fragile, but we are also God's precious sons and daughters and God carries us with care, gentleness, and love.
- The scene of their cups spilling over is absolutely beautiful. Power, refilling, and refreshing of the Holy Spirit.
- They are pursuing and receiving more of God. They didn't just "drink from the cup," they poured it over their entire being. They want all of God.
- There will be an increase of the anointing over both of their lives. Psalm 23:1-6
- The increase of God’s anointing in their lives will flow through times worshipping God. Psalm 149:3; I John 2:27
- Unseen face of friend – this could connect to Cindy's takeaway regarding her "vats overflowing." She will reach out to people she knows and those she doesn’t know (no visible face).
- Both Cindy and her friend will give away what they have – Jesus! The Spirit of God abiding in them will be passed on and others will join in. Let your light shine. Let people see Jesus flowing through you.
Prayer strategy: Lord, I lift my voice to worship you, the God of heaven and earth. I acknowledge the power of your presence in my life and I thank you. Thank you for rejuvenating my body, soul, and spirit. God, I want all of you. I receive all you want to give me. Teach me, Lord, what I need to know and do to share you with others. You are all I need, but I need all of you in my life. I ask for you to fill me in the same way - that your Holy Spirit will be spilling over in my spirit, heart, mind, body, and soul. As I go about my day, I thank you that your presence goes with me. Lord, may the joy you have given me be seen by others. May those I come in contact with today recognize it is You that fills me with joy and strength. Lord, I praise you and thank you for encouraging and lifting me up.
God spoke personally to me on the morning Cindy shared this dream. I went to bed the night before telling God if I’m supposed to manage a blog on dreams I need to remember my dreams. I woke up on this morning with a very detailed dream, but when I saw Cindy's text I knew in that moment God had a specific message for me. God was telling me that, “I will give you content, but it will also come from others.” God spoke to me through her dream in an entirely different way. That is how good our God is, how loving, and how personal He is. Share your dreams when you know it will encourage others. Check back to read the Bull and Bear Dream.
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, and that the time of the Lord’s favor has come.” Luke 4:18-19; Acts 10:36;