I had this dream on March 23, 2014
My husband, Rick, and I were shopping. I told him, “Russia is moving in ways Americans don’t know it’s happening. Americans are going about their business, shopping and spending money as usual." Once again, I reinforced to Rick, “Russia was and is moving in ways Americans don’t knows is happening.” I finished with, “America will be stripped away from what they now know. Russia will take over.”
End of dream
I was living in Germany when I had this dream. One benefit to living in a foreign land where you don’t know the language is the lack of media coverage. Thankfully, we weren’t inundated with 24-hour news coverage.
I felt in my spirit that I should take this dream seriously and intercede for my country. However, I am not politically savvy and I personally don’t believe God has appointed me as a prophet to the nations (Jeremiah 1:5); therefore, it was easy for me to dismiss.
The dream kept nagging me, but honestly, I continued to feel inadequate to take too much stock on how it connected to real life situations, if at all. I tucked it in my journal.
My e-journals and dreams are sorted by year. Periodically God would remind me of this dream and I would search my computer because I couldn’t remember what year I had it.
Fast forward three years. On October 3 and again on October 27, 2017, the Lord brought this dream to mind. I had forgotten the details and only remembered I had a short dream about Russia and America. I’m certain the Lord reminded me of this given the bombardment of media coverage on American politics and Russia.
Please don’t read more into this dream other than the deep need for the Christian community to rise up and pray fervently for the nations. This post isn't meant to foretell a coming downfall of America. Instead, I believe the Word the Lord has for each of us is to be diligent and persevere in our prayers for our leaders and to "go into all the world and preach the good news to everyone." Mark 16:15
God calls us to pray for those in authority. “I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.” I Timothy 2:1-2
If you aren’t already, I encourage you to pray daily for your local, state, and national leaders. (God delights in the prayers of the upright. Proverbs 15:8.) Pray that the decisions that are being made in the public eye and behind closed doors are done God’s way. Don’t neglect to praise God for the good. There is always good!
“Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. Ephesians 6:18
We are residents on earth and we are citizens of heaven. Until then, we eagerly wait for the return of Jesus Christ and allow God to teach us how to be good citizens. Philippians 3:20
Ways you can be a godly and good citizen:
- Submit to God and government: “Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. So, anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished” Romans 13:1-2
- Fear God, Respect Others: “Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.” I Peter 2:17 (In word and deed.)
- Love and Pursue Justice: “Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.” Isaiah 1:17
- Seek peace: “Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper. Jeremiah 29:7
- Consider what is good:: “And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:8
- Trust our all-knowing, all-powerful God: “He controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings. Daniel 2:21 “He knows the secrets of every heart.” Psalm 44:21
- Souls of man: “The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 2 Peter 3:9
- Trust God's plans: “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:28
- Humility: “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14
- Obey God: "If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully keep all his commands that I am giving you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the world. You will experience all these blessings if you obey the Lord your God” Deuteronomy 28:1-2
- Pray scripture: “For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Romans 4:12 (May lies be exposed and may Truth be revealed and received.)
Good reports in our land that are worthy of praise:
- News reports of Christians on Capitol Hill holding weekly times of prayer and Bible study.
- President, Vice President, and government leaders ending prayers “in Jesus name.”
- Hearing from Washington that “there is One God.”
- Awaken the Dawn took place on the National Mall in Washington, DC October 2017. “A Holy Spirit Woodstock,” with 50 tents [states] set up for “A movement of prayer, worship, and missions and sending.” It will be held again in 2018. Start praising God for a movement to take place for the glory of God in our nation.
- Praise God for the hope we have that his Word will be fulfilled for those leaders who are publicly “not ashamed of the Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes…” Romans 1:16.
- We “wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.” Lamentations 3:26
- Praising God for those leaders who are publicly declaring “we don’t serve government, we serve God.”
- Praise God that we continue to hear, “God bless America.”
We see injustice all around us. We must believe the Word that “It is God alone who judges; he decides who will rise and who will fall. “Psalm 75:7
“I want to see a mighty flood of justice, an endless river of righteous living.” Amos 5:24